Becca's Bits 'N Bobs

Beauty, fashion tips and general musings on the world of modelling from Moi!

The cover of my book! Due for release September 2010C

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Hello again............

Did you miss me! Please, please forgive me for not updating my blog over the past five months. I missed you all but my life went into such a whirlwind after my book was launched that I hardly had time to think let alone blog. But at least the the whirlwind was all positive stuff - not like some of other tempests I've been involved in!

We had a second launch of my memoir 'His Name is Rebecca' in Belfast in the salubrious Love and Death Inc venue on March 3rd hosted by the gracious Cathy Martin. It was a wonderful night and all my Northern friends made me feel so special and cherished. Thank you guys, I really really appreciated it.

Where to start on stuff other than my literary life? Well, I have been working extremely hard on DeHavalland Model Agency, both in Dublin and in London and slowly but surely we're getting there. It's amazing what we humans can do when we know we're doing the right thing. My website is almost finished, click to have a sneak preview. Isn't it lovely? My models all look so well - I'm incredibly proud of them. I have been out and about in both cities and around the country reconnecting with lots of old friends in the media and beauty and fashion businesses, so I've been attending lots of launches and fashion extravaganzas. Faboush!

I was asked for an interview by Doug Murray of Kildare TV, an internet based entertainment channel and we got along famously, you can see me here kildare.tv.so that the lovely people there invited me back to chat to the celebs and fashionistas on their way into the first Ireland's Most Influential Fashion Awards held in the Mansion House recently. Imagine! Me! A Paparazza! And d'ye know what? I LOVED it. You can see me here interviewing the lovely Maria Fusco

The same Ms Fusco has taken to addressing me as the Duchess, and you know I think it's a title that suits me so from here on in you can all address me as your Duchessness or whatever! I think I'll make a very regal Duchess. Speaking of regal wasn't the Royal Wedding faboush! I LOVED the dress and the simplicity of that veil made Kate look so serene .Ah! Bless! Mind you I'd haul William to a hair transplant consultant - he's a nice enough looking chap but bald is hard to carry off! If I were Kate I'd insist he wore his crown all the time to cover that aul patch. Watching the wedding I shed a tear, not just in happiness for the two young royals but also in sadness for the late lovely Diana, William's mother. The people's princess. Such a sweet girl. London was very much my home at the time of Charles and Di's wedding and seeing all the pomp and ceremony brought back a flood of memories

Agency news - the lovely Deirdre Morrissey has joined Team De Havalland (Deirdre blogs here). We are working towards a series of three fashion extravaganzas- one in June, followed by one in September and another in October- all shows are in aid of the Alzheimer's Society - a charity very close to my heart, my Mum is a sufferer and I see at first hand what the wonderful people in the society do to make life more comfortable for patients.

My typing fingers are jaded after this long post! I'll have to stop -you don't even get a drip from me for months and then you get a deluge! That's me - all or nothing!
Until the next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment