Becca's Bits 'N Bobs

Beauty, fashion tips and general musings on the world of modelling from Moi!

The cover of my book! Due for release September 2010C

Monday, July 26, 2010

It's a whirlwind world

I’ve been so busy my loves I almost forgot all about you! But not quite, so here I am again with a quick update on my world over the past few weeks.

Things are swimming along nicely at De Havalland Model Management and we attended the Baby Max Wings of Love fashion show where De Havalland Team models Tara D and KellyAnne were part of the PR team. The winner of Norway's Top Model Event - Dublin heat - was part of the team of lovely models. Well done girls - I am so proud of you. We chatted to the organisers of Norway's Top Model and have offered to represent the three girls who end up in the final heat. Beautiful young women - I must learn some Norwegian - it looks horrendously complicated with all those round fadas! I met up with many old friends (not 'old' old just the other old) including the delightful Maria Fusco - stylist supremo.

I thought I’d get a break from business this month to spend some time with my beloved family, but business has started to pick up and I couldn’t turn down any opportunity to propel the careers of my beautiful models into the limelight they so-o-o-o deserve. So it was nose to the grindstone and network, network, network! I did the hairstyling for a shoot with the Irish Independent’s Weekend Magazine which is due out next Saturday. Faboush! I've got my groove back - not that I ever lost it you understand, I just sat it on a shelf for a while, and it's all the better for its little rest.

Did you all see my pic in the Daily Mail with Maria Fusco and Mr ex-Taoiseach Bertie Ahern! Don’t we make him look good – eye candy on either side of him. Here’s a link to the pictures of the night.

http://www.showbiz.ie/news/july10/19-models-spotted-actually-modelling-in-dublin.shtml


Advance warning - clear the diaries for the Models for Charity event supporting Women's Aid which De Havalland Model Management is reviving. This event was run originally in the 80's and fizzled out after a few years. The event is pencilled in for Monday November 29th in the Burlington hotel. Any models out there from any agency who would like to be associated with the event please contact us.

And jeg verne (that's Norwegian for mes cheris) – my booklaunch! Only 38 sleeps away! Yes, I know it’s childish but that’s how excited I am about it all. I feel like a child again, waiting for Santa to come. And this time I know he’ll bring me what I asked for! Ooooh! Ain’t life grand. Be there – it will be the literary event of the year. Burlington Hotel, 6.30pm Thursday September 2nd.

Au revoir or as they say in Norway 'Farvel'

No comments:

Post a Comment