Becca's Bits 'N Bobs

Beauty, fashion tips and general musings on the world of modelling from Moi!

The cover of my book! Due for release September 2010C

Friday, September 24, 2010

Life is a whirlwind............

I have been terribly neglectful of my blog lately but honest to God I
haven’t had a minute.

I decided that Becca’s Bits n Bobs was number one on my priority list
for today so here I am! Life has been very sweet to me for the last
few weeks but incredibly busy.

My book launch –‘His Name Is Rebecca’ which is in all good bookshops and on Amazon of course - went off without a hitch in the Bellini Bar of the Burlington Hotel on
September 2nd. It was wonderful to be surrounded by family and friends
as they helped me celebrate what has been, to say the least, an eventful life. The wonderful Maria Tecce treated us to a stunning unaccompanied version of ‘Amazing Grace’ and that really set the tone for the whole night. Large amounts of good fun was had by all and we adjourned to Lillies Bordello to party the rest of the night away. A great night, one that will be a very special memory for me for many
years to come.

It has been all go since that, radio and tv interviews, and lots of press coverage. I have an ache in my wrist from signing books for all my wonderful readers and long may they keep reading and asking me to sign! De Havalland Models is going from strength to strength, Geraldine O'Callaghan of 'The Apprentice' has joined us as a celeb model and is available for work - a beautiful and determined young woman with a fantastic future ahead. We intend having a big feature on our stylist extraordinaire, Maria Fusco, on our new website which will go live at the end of this month or early October. We have lots of interest from really fabulous clients and all the top notch photographers and fashion houses in the country - busy busy, busy. Next stop the world!

I feel incredibly proud and privileged to be working with Team De Havalland and watching all my lovely models get work and find their well deserved niches in the tough world of high class fashion. Go Team!

Lulu and myself have settled nicely into our lovely new home and you know, every morning when I open my eyes I take a breath and say ‘Thank You’. Sometimes I wonder ‘why me Lord’ and then I laugh and say ‘why not?!’

Carpe Diem.

No comments:

Post a Comment